Code of Conduct
Beavercreek Lacrosse Club
Beavercreek Lacrosse has established a Code of Conduct to ensure a positive and respectful environment for all individuals associated with the program. The following Code applies to players, coaches, parents, volunteers, and spectators, and their commitment to upholding these standards is paramount to fostering a safe and enjoyable lacrosse experience.
1. Respect and Sportsmanship:
- All participants are expected to treat one another with respect and kindness, regardless of their role in the program.
- Demonstrating good sportsmanship is essential, irrespective of the outcome of games or events, and unsportsmanlike behavior is strictly discouraged.
2. Fair Play and Integrity:
- Adherence to the rules of the game is expected from all members, and they are encouraged to promote fair play among their peers.
- Cheating, foul play, or any form of dishonest behavior is strictly prohibited.
3. Safety and Well-being:
- The well-being and safety of all individuals involved in Beavercreek Lacrosse are of utmost importance.
- All participants are encouraged to report safety concerns or incidents promptly to the appropriate authorities.
4. Inclusive Environment:
- Embracing diversity and inclusion is a core value, and all individuals shall be treated with equality and fairness, regardless of their background or characteristics.
5. Conflict Resolution:
- In the event of conflicts or disagreements, all parties are expected to address them in a respectful and constructive manner, following the proper channels for resolution.
6. Parent/Guardian Responsibilities:
- Parents and guardians play a crucial role in supporting and encouraging their children and their teammates in a positive manner.
- Negative behavior, such as yelling, berating, or criticizing others, is discouraged.
7. Coach Responsibilities:
- Coaches are required to serve as positive role models for their players, exemplifying integrity and sportsmanship.
- Player development should be a primary focus, ensuring all participants have equal opportunities to learn and improve.
8. Player Responsibilities:
- Players are expected to follow the instructions of their coaches and officials with respect.
- Encouraging teammates and exhibiting good sportsmanship are essential aspects of their conduct.
9. Social Media and Public Communication:
- All individuals associated with Beavercreek Lacrosse are responsible for their public communications, including on social media, and should reflect the program positively.
10. Alcohol, Tobacco, and Substance Use:
- The use of alcohol, tobacco, or illegal substances is strictly prohibited at all Beavercreek Lacrosse events.
11. Adherence to Policies:
- Compliance with all Beavercreek Lacrosse policies and guidelines is mandatory.
Violation of the Beavercreek Lacrosse Code of Conduct may result in disciplinary action, ranging from warnings to suspensions or expulsion from the program.